This legacy product is not recommended for new installations. For the next-generation alternative, please see Patton SmartNode SN5541
The Patton SmartNode 4526 is an analog VoIP Router with 6 FXS or a combination of 4 FXS and 2 FXO ports.
- 6 analog ports—Compact, reliable stand-alone VoIP gateway with different port options. Supports simultaneous voice or fax calls on all ports. (note: Patton does not carry an 8-FXO unit at the present time)
- Toll-Quality VoIP—Advanced traffic management and shaping, combined with Patton’s patent-pending DownStream QoS™ enforce uninterrupted toll-quality voice over best-effort networks.
- Advanced Local Call Switching—Virtual interfaces and routing tables provide industry leading flexibility in call handling programming. Local call switching, soft fallback to alternative routes. Simultaneously connects to multiple SIP services/IP PBXs.
- Complete SIP and T.38 support—Supports the complete range of industry standard VoIP: SIP, H.323, T.38 fax, fax and modem handling, DTMF relay. Codecs G.729, G.723, and so on.
- Easy Management & Provisioning—Web-based management, SNMP, command line interface. Automated mass provisioning for efficient large-scale deployments.
- Outstanding Interoperability—Proven integration for voice and T.38 fax with leading IP PBX systems and soft switch vendors.
These SN4526 gateway routers, like all the SN4520 series units, interface analog phone equipment to the IP network. As routers, they prioritize voice over data. All the Patton the SmartNode 4520 units feature dual 10/100 Full-Duplex Auto-Sensing Auto-MDX Ethernet. They can be configured and managed through the web interface, CLI, Telnet, Console and SNMP.
By integrating an enterprise router with a full-featured VoIP Gateway the SmartNode offers QoS voice, wire-speed traffic shaping, and complete network access. With dual 10/100 Eternet ports, the SmartNode connects your hosts to your LAN with VLAN tagging, DHCP server/client, and Firewall/ACL services. Use PPPoE and IPSEC VPN with DES, 3DES, and AES encryption and bring your Voice and Data to the WAN through a single and secure network connection.
Connect with confidence using the SmartNode 4520 VoIP Gateway Router. Integrating a complete enterprise router with a full-featured Voice-over-IP Media Gateway offers the new standard in toll-bypass, remote/branch office connectivity, and enhanced carrier services. Perfect for the Remote office, Branch office, or PBX/Switch extension, the SmartNode 4520 integrates all your voice, FAX, and LAN traffic for seamless and secure networking.
With its FXS analog ports the SN4520 Series supports up to eight simultaneous calls, connects to any legacy telephone or PBX, and provides dial-tone, ringing, and caller-ID. When equipped with FXO ports, the local PSTN can be accessed enabling local calling, enhanced toll-bypass services, and fallback configurations. ClearConnect™ adaptive network monitoring ensures your call always gets connected even if the VoIP link goes down or becomes congested.
With dual 10/100 Ethernet ports, the SN4520 Series provides IP routing with guaranteed Quality of Service. Voice traffic is prioritized while LAN/IP traffic shaping permits efficient access to the Internet and corporate networks. As a complete enterprise router, the SN4520 supports DHCP, NAT, Firewall/ACL, and PPPoE clients. While IPSEC VPN and VLAN tunnel data while DES, 3DES or AES enables secure voice and data over the public network.
This integrated access router and VoIP Gateway benefits service providers and enterprise network administrators with a lower cost of ownership and better service quality.